Checklist for Changing Your Name After You Get Married!


  • Request a certified copy of your marriage license
  • Get a new Social Security Card
    • Complete form SS-5 either at the Social Security Office or a mail
  • Get a new driver’s license
    • Go to the Department of Motor Vehicles with current driver’s license and marriage license
  • Complete change address form at the Post Office or online
  • Change passport by completing Admendment Form DS-19 online

A few other items that may need changed after marriage:

  • Checking and Saving Account
  • Investment Accounts
  • Retirement Accounts
  • All vehicle loans
  • All credit cards
  • All department store accounts
  • Reward Accounts (ie: frequent flyer, hotel rewards)
  • Utility companies

Now it is time to relax and enjoy married life!!!